Enacted in 1999, the Gramm-Leach Bliley Act (GLBA), which is mandatory for all financial institutions, regulates the way in which the collection, disclosure and protection of consumer’s information is handled.
- Implement efficient means for information distribution.
- Manage Security controls to protect personal information and prevent threats.
- Establish security procedures to prevent fines and save money.
Failure to comply with GLBA may result in up to 10 years in prison and $1 million in fines.
“As part of its implementation of the GLBA, the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) issued the Safeguards Rule, which requires financial institutions to have measures in place to keep customer information secure. But safeguarding customer information isn’t just the law. It also makes good business sense. When you show customers you care about the security of their personal information, you increase their confidence in your company.” – PTC Facts for Business, Financial Institutions and Customer information
So, as you can clearly see, GLBA compliance is crucial for several reasons. And ECMNOW! from Digitech Systems can help! Whether using Papervision® Enterprise, Digitech’s on-prernise software, or ImageSilo®, Digitech’s cloud ECM service, ECMNOW! allows financial institutions to gain control, enhance efficiency, improve security, and save money.
- Distribute Information Efficiently: Under GLBA, financial institutions must supply each customer with a privacy notice explaining what customer information is collected, how it is shared, and, of course, how it is protected. ECMNOW! helps improve document distribution and provides a secure means for sharing information with customers.
- Control Security: GLBA requires the protection of customer information. ECMNOW! offers tools to proactively guard against unauthorized access. ECMNOW! provides extensive security features, reducing time, energy and money spent trying to establish such plans.
Digitech Systems Value-Added Reseller in Baltimore, Maryland
Digitech Systems offers its comprehensive Enterprise Content Management (ECM) product suite exclusively through its Value-Added Resellers, like Micro Records.
If you would like to learn more about ECMNOW! or one of the many other products offered by Digitech Systems, please contact Micro Records Company, Inc. by calling 877-410-SCAN or visit MicroRecord.com! You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, and YouTube as well!