A century-old agricultural marketing company in the mid-west recently came to the harsh realization that their tried and true business practices could simply not keep up with the growing demand created by their over 100 products, 500 employees, 65 facilities, and corresponding documentation. The company was still using a paper-based filing system and, because of this, was finding it increasingly hard to meet the needs of both the organization and its customers.
The Problem: A primary issue involved the inconsistency of processes across the organization, which were leading to errors, delays in access to information, run away costs and scalability issues. Documents were stored in different locations using different filing methods making access difficult and costly.
The company began to look for a more innovative and technology driven way to better manage, secure, and distribute both documents and information.
The Solution: FileBound® On-DemandTM document management.
Specific benefits for the agricultural marketing company included:
- Large volumes of mainframe printouts were eliminated by automatically reproducing them as images and storing them on the system.
- Reduced the cost of creating and distributing the paper reports.
- Secure, instant access to any user.
- Remote access.
- The implementation of processes for contract approvals using the integrated workflow tools.
- Develop document management standards: addressing user access rights, document approval rules, and document retention.
- Document searching from within their IBM AS400 based core business applications.
- Seamless document access from within user interfaces that users were already familiar with.
- Minimal training and quick adoption.
Additional Benefits of FileBound® On-DemandTM
- Quick implementation
- No large capital investment
- Consistent document management strategy
- Improved decision making
- Better document access
- Organizational scalability
- Predictable cost
- Great return on investment (ROI)
If you would like to learn more about FileBound, please contact Micro Records Company, Inc. by calling 877-410-SCAN or visit MicroRecord.com!
Since 1964, Micro Records Company has been providing quality document conversion and full records management solutions to our diverse client base, which includes government, insurance, utilities, education, legal, hospitals and banks.
Micro Records is a leading document scanning services company that provides value pricing and quality document conversion deliverables. We offer document scanning, imaging and indexing services that provides “Best Value” for enabling organizations to successfully utilize the true value of information contained in paper files, resulting in increased productivity, performance and profits.
We use the latest technology to ensure our clients receive the highest quality records management solutions.