Following the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, the United States Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) Rules 17a-3, 17a-4 and 17ad-7 were implemented to outline record archiving rules for the securities industry. These rules cover both paper records and electronic information and specify which documents should be stored.
- Originals of all business communications and copies, whether by paper, email or through audit reporting, must be indexed, easily searchable for three years from origination and stored on unalterable media.
- Securities companies are required to ensure the accessibility, security and integrity of their records.
Failure to comply with SEC 17 can result in serious penalties, including millions of dollars in fines.
SEC 17 and Document Management
ECMNOW!, the Enterprise Content Management (ECM) technology from Digitech Systems, provides comprehensive document storage and management capabilities that enable SEC 17 compliance. You have the choice between lmageSilo®, the cloud ECM service, and PaperVision® Enterprise, on-premise ECM. Both help ensure compliance while also reducing records management costs and increasing productivity. That’s what we like to call a win-win.
Benefits of ECMNOW!
- ECMNOW! provides state-of-the-art imaging technologies and efficient search capabilities that simplify records retrieval.
- PaperVision® Enterprise and ImageSilo® can boost control and implement audit tracking while preserving data integrity.
- ECMNOW! accommodates all types of storage media and supplies comprehensive document capture and management capabilities, while saving money.
SEC 17 compliance has never been so easy!
If you are interested in learning more about SEC 17 Compliance and Document Management, please contact Micro Records Company, Inc. by calling 877-410-SCAN or visit MicroRecord.com! Digitech Systems offers its comprehensive ECM product suite exclusively through its Value-Added Resellers, like Micro Records, a leading document imaging company that provides value pricing and quality document conversion deliverables.