Enacted in 1999, the Gramm-Leach Bliley Act (GLBA) was designed to govern the collection, disclosure and protection of consumer’s information while allowing commercial and investment banks to consolidate. Under GLBA, financial institutions and their vendors must follow three principles:
- Financial Privacy Rule: Customers must be provided a copy of privacy practices.
- Pre-Texting Protection Rule: Customer information must be protected.
- Safeguards Rule: Requires a written information security policy.
Failure to comply with GLBA can result in up to 1O years in prison and $1 million in fines. Fortunately Enterprise Content Management (ECM) and ECMNOW! from Digitech Systems can help. ECMNOW! provides document controls and system security that enable compliance.
- Distribute Information: ECMNOW! allows efficient document distribution and provides a secure means for sharing information with customers.
- Protect Customer Information: ECOMNOW! offers tools to proactively guard against attacks and to control security settings.
- Save Money: ECMNOW! provides extensive security features, reducing time, energy and money spent trying to establish such plans.
If you would like to learn more about Gramm-Leach Bliley Act (GLBA) Compliance& Enterprise Content Management, please contact Micro Records Company, Inc. by calling 877-410-SCAN or visit MicroRecord.com! Digitech Systems offers its comprehensive Enterprise Content Management (ECM) product suite exclusively through its Value-Added Resellers, like Micro Records, leading document imaging company that provides value pricing and quality document conversion deliverables.