There are few business solutions that can help your organization cut costs while also boosting productivity and profitability. There are even fewer solutions that can accomplish this while also being good for the environment. But that is exactly what you get with Enterprise Content Management (ECM).
ECM technology can help companies save both the environment and precious dollars by conserving paper, reducing waste, and shrinking your carbon footprint.
Benefits of ECM
- Greenhouse Gas Emissions: The paper industry ranks 4th in contribution to greenhouse gas emissions and contributes 9% of the manufacturing sector’s carbon emissions.
- Reduce Paper Use: Offices in the United States use about 12.1 trillion sheets of paper annually, with that figure rising by 20% every year. ECM can help drastically cut your paper usage. And cutting paper use by just 10% would prevent the emission of 1.6 million tons of greenhouse gases.
- Reduce Waste: Your average employee produces 1.5 pounds of paper waste per day. This is just one reason why 40% of the solid mass in landfills is paper and paperboard waste.
- Save Money on Office Supplies: With ECM, you will find you use less ink, office supplies, boxes, filing cabinets and costly real estate for paper storage.
- Reduced Shipping Costs: With less need for transportation and shipping, your company will spend less money on shipping fees and gasoline, cutting down on oil consumption and greenhouse gas emissions.
- Reduce Labor: Managing paper documents requires a lot of manual labor. ECM helps cut those needs.
A recent Digitech Systems survey found that 60% of potential customers are interested in adopting technology to help their company go green. PaperVision® Enterprise and ImageSilo® are green solutions that can help your company enhance employee morale, reduce waste, increase productivity, cut costs, boost profitability, and help the environment!
If you would like to learn more about Enterprise Content Management (ECM) from Digitech Systems, please contact Micro Records Company, Inc. by calling 877-410-SCAN or visit MicroRecord.com!
Our records management system can turn every paper document you have into an electronic file, organized any way you want. You can retrieve the information you need whenever you need it, even from a remote location via the internet. And when you need a document, a stored image of that document can be printed out any time.